Sunday, August 5, 2012

Norman Joy and Babies 1 & 2

Since I had enough money in the bank to have my first baby, I decided to call up an old friend named Norman Joy. His wife had just recently passed away and he wanted a child so that his family farm can stay within his bloodline. I figured he would be the perfect guy to be the first father of my challenge. When I told him about my plans he was happier than a pig in mud! I walked over to his house and met him outside.

The moment he saw me he grabbed my hands and thanked me for opportunity to keep his little farm thriving. I was more than happy to assist him because I knew he wasn't long for this world. 

His beautiful words caused a sentimental reaction in me so I leaned forward and gave him a kiss.

I noticed a tree house in the distance and I thought it would be fun to try for  a baby within it. He was not very pleased about the idea, but agreed to it none-the-less.

After we were done I had a huge smile on my face as I walked away in anticipation of my first pregnancy.

My happiness was short-lived. After waiting several weeks, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I guess since Norman was older, he had some trouble in the baby-making department. 

It didn't stop me from trying again, though. I hope it worked the second time around.

Two weeks later...


I took another pregnancy test and again it was negative. I was so frustrated that I had decided to take another couple days to cool off then call Norman to try again. 

Then I went about my day as usual...

I painted...

I ate breakfast...

I did the dishes...

I broke the sink!

Then I fixed it...

I cleaned the toilet (YUCK)...

and I clipped coupons...

After I was finished with the newspaper, I went to recycle the scraps when all of the sudden I got an intense stomach ache...

...and I threw up in my front yard. Talk about embarrassing!

I wrote it off as food poisoning. My waffles that morning were probably under-cooked. 


But that same night just as I started getting in bed, I felt another strong bout of nausea hit me.

So I ran to the bathroom and puked my guts out. The next morning I decided to go to the doctors. It turns out the pregnancy test was faulty and I was indeed with child. I was ecstatic. 

I called Norman once I got home to tell him the good news and he was thrilled. I was happy that I had made him happy. Here's hoping for a smooth pregnancy.

9 months later


My baby bump had become quite large in the past few weeks and I felt like a blimp. With the back-aches and swollen feet it was a miracle that I was still painting so far along in my pregnancy. What can I say, it's my passion. 

I loved the painting that I made that day. It was a shame that I had to sell it, but diapers sure aren't cheap. 

I had just finished selling my painting when all of a sudden I got a sharp pain in my abdomen. I was so scared but so excited!

I wobbled to the nursery in anticipation of my first baby! Anticipation and mind-numbing pain that is.

Then just like that the pain stopped and something amazing happened!

Welcome to the world my darling baby Annalisse Edge!

I placed my angel in her crib when out of nowhere the searing pain returns 

and I present you with Angel Edge. Twins! Can you believe it! I feel so much JOY!!(No pun intended)

The babies grew right before my eyes and before I knew it, I had two toddlers on my hands... YIKES! X_X

Baby #1 Annalisse looked just like Norman, but inherited my blue eyes.

Baby #2 Angel was a replica of my dad. When I look at him I just want to cry. I feel like a part of my dad has returned to me. 



Next up the terrible 2's X 2!




Liking her story so far? Let me know in the comments below! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I like it ;)
    Cute babies!
    Can you use Maya and Danielle in your challenge? Thanks!
    -DanielleSmores

    ReplyDelete